Apply for this position
Self Storage Operations Manager - Updated 2/14/19
Ziff Properties, Inc. (ZPI) is seeking a Self-Storage Operations Manager to support the company’s growing storage operations and initiatives.
Ziff Properties, Inc. is an entrepreneurial real estate firm with focus on the southeastern United States, engaged in the development, acquisition and ownership of shopping centers, office buildings, flex centers, Self-Storage and light industrial properties.
Our company entered the self-storage industry in 2009 when we converted a vacant grocery box to a Class A, climate-controlled storage facility. Today, we own 17 self-storage facilities with plans to expand to multiple markets. ZPI acquires existing storage facilities, expands them, or repurposes properties into self-storage. We also newly develop state-of-the-art storage sites from ground up.
ZPI currently has 28 team members in our Mount Pleasant, SC office. We are a culture that promotes collaboration, discourages all negative energy, and supports environmental sustainability. We attribute these values as key factors in ZPI’s 28 years of success. Our work environment is informal, allowing staff to bring their dogs to the office. We do, however, expect exceptional work ethic from each team member. We challenge every one to bring an entrepreneurial spirit to every business day. At ZPI, we strive to achieve a work-life balance while providing training and encouraging personal career development.
The Self-Storage Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations and reports directly to the Director of Self-Storage Operations. This is an excellent opportunity to work with other ZPI departments and contribute to our self-storage business. This individual will play a key role in driving performance of third party storage managers and supporting the company’s revenue and profitability goals.
- Responsible for the asset management of a portfolio of 17 self-storage facilities located in multiple states including Chicago, IL; Fredericksburg, VA; Jacksonville, FL; Chattanooga, TN; South Carolina and other locations in between
- Make visits and conduct evaluations of each property; identify strengths, weakness, and opportunities
- Ability to analyze the portfolio and provide feedback, and make strong recommendations to implement changes and best practices
- Assist the Director of Self-Storage Operations with acquisitions due diligence, including market analysis and unit mix recommendations
- Provide support in developing annual budgets for our self-storage facilities
- Complete property financial analysis of operating results and report results to senior management monthly
- Monitor third-party management vendors and forge the relationships to keep our companies aligned to grow the business
- Oversee redevelopment projects and act as bridge between in-house development team and third-party managers
- Work closely with all ZPI departments during acquisitions, prior to purchase and through ownership
- Collaborate with in-house marketing team and third-party managers to plan and launch grand openings
- Responsible for ongoing marketing, outreach and driving local community and business development initiatives
- Minimum of three years self-storage or facilities management experience, preferably at the Multi-site/GM level
- Site management and marketing experience within the self-storage or related real estate industry
- An understanding and proven track record of optimizing economic and physical occupancy, expenses, and net operating income
- This position provides a level of autonomy, Interested candidates must be able to perform independently and excel in a results driven environment
- Must be able to travel to every store and other designated locations as directed by the Company to attend conferences and events. Travel may include few nights per month (1-2 days every other week).
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office and Google calendar)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external partners.
- Understanding of best practices in the Self-Storage industry
- Experience in seeking out new business opportunities on a local or national level
- BA/BS Degree
- Experience with Centershift, or similar industry software a plus
- The ability to assess capital improvements and R&M needs