Apply for this position
Charleston, South Carolina
Ziff Properties, Inc. (ZPI) is an entrepreneurial real estate firm engaged in the development, acquisition and ownership of shopping centers, office buildings, flex centers, Self-Storage and light industrial properties.
ZPI currently employs 28 team members in our Mount Pleasant, SC headquarters. We have an employee-oriented culture that promotes collaboration and personal development as we seek to produce attractive returns and contribute positively to the communities we invest in and the environment. We believe adherence to these values has been an important contributor to our more than 28 years of success. Our office environment is informal yet professional; we expect superior performance from each team member and challenge them to bring an entrepreneurial spirit to every business day. At ZPI, we strive to achieve a work-life balance while providing training and encouraging personal career development.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
To perform the daily accounting functions for all aspects of commercial real estate accounting for a select portfolio of properties, comprising of facilities both under development and fully operating. Such responsibilities shall include accounts payable, general ledger entries, financial reporting, and maintaining fixed asset schedules, as well as assisting in the preparation of budgets.
The Expense Accountant reports to the Controller and the CFO.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience within the accounting field, and an in-depth understanding of general accounting principles and practices.
- Real estate industry experience with multiple locations and subsidiaries preferred.
- Proficiency on the computer including the use of Microsoft office products and real estate specific accounting software packages. Prior experience with MRI a plus.
- Strong organization and communication skills and the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Strategic team player with excellent technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and attention to detail, and a strong operational focus.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Perform Master accounts payable process including review and post daily accounts payable batch entries, perform weekly accounts payable check run, approve documentation on new vendors, set up and maintain vendor account records, including vendor insurance certificates and paid invoice files.
- File and book lender draws and contractor pay applications during the construction phase for new development properties. Reconcile equity/lender funding with capital expenditures in the draw.
- Perform monthly reconciliations such as bank account, lender mortgage and escrow balances, A/R and A/P to general ledger, pass through accounts and other receivable accounts.
- Assist with preparation of the annual budgets and preparation of month-end and year-end financial reports and variance analysis.
- Cross-trained in all accounting processes including accounts receivable, accounts payable, and financial reporting.
- Other daily accounting activities such as entering invoices and deposit activity and preparing journal entries as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.